The Association of Online Publishers (AOP) has announced that its annual awards are now open for entries. The UK Digital Publishing Awards will showcase industry-wide innovation, highlighting the individuals, teams, and initiatives that are driving success for the sector.
Now in their 19th year, the awards continue to recognize exceptional achievement by publishers, advertisers, agencies and suppliers, while raising the benchmark for best practice, creativity, and entrepreneurship across the digital media space.
The deadline for entries closes on 6 May 2021 with the awards themselves earmarked for autumn 2021 at a date yet to be decided.
The 2021 ceremony will see outstanding digital publishing efforts celebrated across 26 categories, including the newly added ‘Best Publisher-led Social Good Initiative’. The new category is in acknowledgement of the strong potential for digital publishing players to lead on addressing social, political and environmental issues.
Open to all members and non-members of the AOP, each category will be judged by a selection of pan-industry specialists, under the guidance of co-chairs, Robin Shute, Operations Director of Incisive Media, and Hayley Cochrane, Head of Digital for Mail Metro Media.
“Despite the challenges of 2020, digital publishing has upheld its focus on enhancing standards and exploring new ways to engage with audiences on a more meaningful level,” said Richard Reeves, Managing Director at AOP, adding, “The Digital Publishing Awards provide a platform for spotlighting achievement, and in light of the challenges presented by the pandemic it is especially important that in 2021 we celebrate the exceptional agility, adaptability and commitment to driving real change that we have seen over the last year.”
AOP Individual Excellence Awards
- Journalist of the Year
- Editor of the Year
- Local Hero Award, supported by Google News Initiative
- Sales Person of the Year
- Rising Star, supported by Lewis Silkin
AOP Team Excellence Awards
- Editorial Team of the Year: B2B
- Editorial Team of the Year: Consumer
- Sales Team of the Year
- Advertising Operations Team of the Year
- Product Development Team of the Year
- Audience Development Team of the Year, supported by UKOM
AOP Digital Publishing Excellence Awards
- Best Use of Video, supported by Unruly
- Best Use of Audio
- Best Diversification of Commercial Strategy, supported by Deloitte
- Best Creative Solutions Led / Content Marketing Campaign, supported by Unruly
- Best Publisher-led Social Good Initiative or Campaign
- Best Use of Data, supported by LiveRamp
- Best Research / Insight Project
- Best Digital Publishing Innovation, supported by Xandr
- Best Media Technology Partner
- The AOP Employer Excellence Award
The AOP Grand Prix
- Best Online Brand: B2B
- Best Online Brand: Consumer
- Small Digital Publisher of the Year, supported by Google
Publishing companies who have demonstrated success across several categories in the AOP Awards will be invited to enter the final two categories, following the announcement of the finalists.
- Best Digital B2B Publishing Company 2021, supported by PubMatic
- Best Digital Consumer Publishing Company 2021, supported by PubMatic