The privacy of your personal data is important to What’s New in Publishing (WNIP). The following sets out what we do and what we do not do with the information we collect using this website.
- 01. How We Collect and Use Information
For our weekly newsletter, we ask for your email address when you subscribe. We also request your forename and surname when you correspond directly with us using our contact form. We may retain any messages you send through our contact form, and may collect information you provide in any user content submitted to us. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of our website and newsletter (our Service). For submitted editorial, press releases and opinion pieces, your real name will be published publicly.
- Once published your real name may not be able to be removed, neither will the content you have submitted to us for publication, unless under exceptional circumstances governed by us. Even in the latter event, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, on other sites that have republished us, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.We collect certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.). This allows us to personalise your use of the site, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally through our understanding of user behaviour.
- 02. Sharing of Your Information
We will not rent, share or sell your information into third parties outside WNIP and its holding group companies (Inc.) without your consent, except as noted below:
- Who can see your IP address: A selection of Trusted Users with administrative powers on WNIP have the ability to review IP addresses of users. Any third party service embedded on WNIP such as an advertiser, video provider, social network, analytics platform or other third party will also have access to your IP address.
- Who can see your email address: If you enter an email address, you will enable communication from WNIP and other Users within its holding group companies (Inc.). If you participate in group WNIP activities such as meetups, events or our LinkedIn Group, your email address might be shared with other users.
- 03. Sharing Certain Service Type Information We Collect About You:
We may share certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third-party business partners for the purposes described in the section above on “How We Collect and Use Information.” We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- 04. Ads on WNIP
- To enhance your user experience or help us improve and measure our effectiveness, WNIP may embed code from third parties on the Service. Examples of such parties may include GetSocial, Parse.ly, Pinterest, Google, YouTube, Twitter, Soundcloud and others. These third parties may collect information about you including IP address, cookies in ways WNIP does not control.
- 05. How We Store and Protect Your Information
Storage and Processing:
- Keeping your information safe:
WNIP cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. WNIP is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
- Compromise of information:
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, WNIP will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- 06. Your Choices about Your Information
We make every effort to promptly process all email unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g. changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices, etc). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
- Opting out of collection of your information for Tracking / Advertising:
Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents WNIP or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service, and for use in targeted advertising activities by third parties. However, doing so may disable some of the features available through the Service. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How long we keep your private profile information:
Following termination of your email newsletter subscription account, WNIP may retain your private profile information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, any information that you choose to make public on the service may not be removable.
- 07. Children’s Privacy
WNIP does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13.
- 08. Links to Other Websites and Services
- 09. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998/GDPR 2018 and request us to change/update this information.
- 10. Disclosure
WNIP is owned by Jeremy Walters
- 11. Questions?