Newsweek, The Guardian, Le Monde, New Scientist among the 2.8bn clicks analyzed
Publishers who reshare their existing content on Facebook achieve 67% additional clicks on average, reveals new research published today by Echobox, the AI-powered social publishing platform.
The groundbreaking research found that the large majority of publishers currently only reshare small amounts of content and stand to obtain substantial boosts in traffic by simply resharing more of their existing content.
Believed to be the first of its kind of this scale and specific to publishers, the study examined data from more than 600 leading publishers from around the world.
Over 1.85 million Facebook shares and 2.8 billion Facebook clicks were measured to understand how publishers are resharing their posts and determine the impact on Facebook clicks.
“Resharing remains massively under-utilised, yet it presents a unique opportunity for publishers to dramatically boost their social traffic – without cost.”Antoine Amann, CEO of Echobox
Key findings include:
- Publishers reshare just 8% of their total content on average
- Yet a reshare generates on average 67% of the clicks it received as an original share
- For around 1 in 7 publishers, reshares even outperform their original shares
- 41% of publishers reshare their posts within 24 hours of the original share
- Nearly 1 in 10 publishers reshare posts more than 50 days after the original share
Detailed results can be found in a free downloadable guide entitled The publisher’s ultimate guide to resharing on Facebook, which also includes an actionable blueprint for publishers to implement an effective Facebook resharing strategy.
It can be downloaded here.