How publishers are leveraging automation to optimize resources including using AI for content moderation, email marketing strategies, and content personalization
Late last year, Echobox – which specializes in publishing automation and machine learning – held a webinar centering on 7 strategies for publishers to cut costs and boost ROI through AI. The webinar came off the back of research which showed that 57% of poll respondents were looking to cut costs through automation.
In the webinar below, Echobox shares insights on how publishers are leveraging automation to optimize resources including using AI for content moderation, email marketing strategies, and content personalization. The seven strategies encompass most key aspects of the digital news production cycle, from content generation and distribution to user experience and content moderation:
- Automating content generation using new technologies in natural language processing (6.07)
- Personalizing your audience’s experience to prevent website traffic from dwindling (9:22)
- Automating newsletters to target audiences with the best content; convert loyal readers into paying subscribers; and retain access to information about readers (12:59)
- Automating social media to increase traffic while saving time and reducing staff costs (16:50)
- Using expert AI to protect against Facebook’s algorithm changes (20:55)
- Automating moderation and community management to attract new readers and maintain healthy engagement levels (25:30)
- Buying, rather than building, AI technology to save on high building & maintenance costs (29:47)
The webinar includes examples from Nature, The New York Times, Newsweek, Diaro Huarpe, La República, and more.