Last week, Twipe and Ouest-France hosted the Digital Growth Summit in Rennes, France, which brought together publishers from 12 different countries to collaborate and learn from each other.
If you missed it, you can see all the highlights in the online magazine.
While it was a busy day, full of insights and learnings for news media, we’ve distilled the key points into 10 important takeaways.
“Family subscriptions reduce our churn rate.” – Fabrice Bazard, Digital director of Ouest-France
- Learn how other publishers are leveraging families ties in their subscription strategies
“We will invest heavily in developing new habits in the digital space.” – Chris Duncan, Managing Director of The Times & The Sunday Times
- Read more on how The Times & The Sunday Times are working to develop digital habits with “JAMES, your digital butler“
“Invest in your editorial staff, that will be the key of your business model.” – Louis Dreyfus, President of Le Monde
- See the other insights you need to know for your reader-revenue strategy
“We don’t have a problem with acquisition but one with use.” – Olivier Porte, Directeur commercial et marketing at Ouest-France
- Discover strategies for increasing reader engagement and use
“Everyone in this room should know Toutiao” – Danny Lein, Twipe CEO
- Find out why Toutiao is one of the key technology trends shaping the future of news media
“We strongly fear to lose our monopoly of news transmission in cars.” – Erwann Gaucher, RadioFrance
- See how publishers are moving in on the audio news market
“50% of readers prefer editions over newsflow, along within younger audiences.” – Mary-Katharine Phillips, Media innovation analyst at Twipe
“We want to democratize AI.” – Carlo Purassanta, Area VP of Microsoft France
- See how publishers are incorporating AI into their digital strategies
“It is easier to train an algorithm, than a reporter.” – Sören Karlsson, Co-founder at United Robots
- Learn how robot journalism is changing the media landscape
“Iterative development is not enough, we need to be more bold.” – Robin Govik, CDO at MittMedia
- Discover lessons to keep in mind when innovating in the digital space
We look forward to the next Digital Growth Summit, sign up to be the first to hear of when and where it will be held in 2019.